Due diligence in the metal sector
What is "step 4"?
Continuous tracking of progress (monitoring) is necessary if a company is to know whether its policy in the field of international RBC is being implemented optimally and whether identified risks have been responded to adequately. The results of the monitoring are used to improve due diligence processes in the future.
Know more about step 4?
- OECD Due Diligence Guidance For Responsible Business Conduct - OECD
- Virtual Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Mineral Supply Chains - OECD
- 'stap 4 Monitoren voortgang en resultaten’ – Social and Economic Council
- Learn how to implement step 4 - European Partnership for Responsible Minerals
- Frequently Asked Questions Step 4 – European Commission
Step 4 and the agreement
The agreement does not yet offer a concrete instrument for implementing the fourth step. As soon as there is a need from the companies to develop an instrument for this, this is done jointly. Until then, companies can consult the network of experts within the agreement to assist them in carrying out step 4.