Complaints and disputes
The committee has adopted its own procedures, in line with the provisions of the agreement. If direct dialogue does not produce hoped-for results, the committee may rule on a dispute between the parties to the agreement. Workers or parties adversely affected by a business that has signed the agreement may also lodge a complaint with the committee. More information
Complaints can be submitted to the committee via AGTfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ruling in the case of Corn. Van Dijk (PDF, 161 kB)
- Ruling in the case of Manderley Fashion B.V. (PDF, 154 kB)
Complaints and disputes committee
The following members participate in the independent complaints and disputes committee:
- M. Scheltema (independent chair)
- P. Brust (on behalf of employer organisations)
- H. van der Kolk (on behalf of employee organisations and civil society organisations).
Filing a complaint based on the list of production locations
- Every year, the Secretariat publishes an aggregated list of production locations with which participating companies have ties. People and civil society organisations with information about (alleged) malpractices at certain garment and textile production locations can use this aggregated list to find out whether any of the participating companies are associated with these production locations.
- If so, they can contact the Agreement Secretariat at AGTsecretariat@ser.nl.
- The Secretariat will then contact the company or companies in question, draw their attention to the (alleged) malpractice and encourage them to conduct effective due diligence with a view to understanding the (alleged) malpractice and, if there is indeed a problem, to tackle it and do everything in their power to eliminate or minimise the malpractice, to prevent a recurrence and, where necessary, to arrange for compensation.
- Effective due diligence in any case involves entering into dialogue with the person reporting the (alleged) malpractice. That way, the complainant and the company in question can resolve the problem by mutual agreement.
- If, over time, the person reporting an (alleged) malpractice considers that a company has taken little or no action to address the problem, that person may submit a complaint to the Complaints and Disputes Committee at AGTemail@example.com. Because the Committee is an independent body, complaints are not handled by the Agreement Secretariat. The Agreement Secretariat is therefore not informed about any such complaints.