Tools Remedies Towards a Better Workplace
This project is funded by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. The project started in October 2017 and ended March 2020.
Within the scope of this project the companies:
- Increase transparency by mapping their supply chains
- Use their leverage to motivate suppliers to participate in the project and improve their daily operations
- Engage and collaborate actively with their suppliers
- Improve their own policies and practices
The Fair Labor Association supported the companies in the following ways:
- Based on a self-assessment tool, the FLA reviewed companies’ existing ways of supply chain mapping, identification and mitigation of forced labour and child labour risks
- FLA provided input and support to the companies to improve CSR policies, practices and proper supply chain mapping including systematic ways of capturing data
- FLA provided training taking into account the specific situation and challenges in India (Tamil Nadu) and Bangladesh
- FLA provided support to the companies in their exercise on the ground for gathering and capturing information for supply chain mapping and risk assessment
This collaboration resulted in a number of tools and guidance documents:Child and Forced Labour Stakeholder Engagement Supply Chain Mapping All tools
* Available to AGT signatories in SharePoint. Non-AGT signatories can reach out to Leonie Blokhuis from Fair Labour Organisation.