Tools Remedies Towards a Better Workplace
This project is funded by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. The project started in October 2017 and will end by March 2020.
Within the scope of this project the companies:
- Increase transparency by mapping their supply chains
- Use their leverage to motivate suppliers to participate in the project and improve their daily operations
- Engage and collaborate actively with their suppliers
- Improve their own policies and practices
The Fair Labor Association supported the companies in the following ways:
- Based on a self-assessment tool, the FLA reviewed companies’ existing ways of supply chain mapping, identification and mitigation of forced labour and child labour risks
- FLA provided input and support to the companies to improve CSR policies, practices and proper supply chain mapping including systematic ways of capturing data
- FLA provided training taking into account the specific situation and challenges in India (Tamil Nadu) and Bangladesh
- FLA provided support to the companies in their exercise on the ground for gathering and capturing information for supply chain mapping and risk assessment
This collaboration resulted in a number of tools and guidance documents:Child and Forced Labour Stakeholder Engagement Supply Chain Mapping All tools
* Available to AGT signatories in SharePoint. Non-AGT signatories can reach out to Leonie Blokhuis from Fair Labour Organisation.